What is connection?
It’s the invisible path of energy/love/warmth/compassion/good feelings between two people. Notice the word two people. When you’re in a romantic relationship with a women this is a closed loop. That’s why some women go all wonky when they sense your energy path of warmth zoom over to another woman. It’s a closed loop. We are secure, confident and without worry when it’s a closed loop. Open the loop, it all goes to hell. Don’t believe me…try it and see (however, please note that I’m not recommending it!)
What makes a women feel connected with you?
Gosh darn it, it’s gonna be different for each amazing woman. The biggest tip here is this:
When you first start dating someone:
- Watch what actions you do/words you say that light her up (she’s feeling the most connected to you now.
- Memorize this
- Keep doing those things…especially after you’ve been together awhile
Are there “standard” things that make a woman feel connected?
I’ll start the list, please add in your own observations in the comments.
- Touch. But be careful, there are two kinds of touch.
- There’s the type of touch (ex: hand on hand, or shoulder) when you are just sharing warmth or compassion. We can sense that you are giving to us and not asking anything in return.
- Then there’s the touch that says “yo baby, let’s go get frisky“. That’s good too but be clear that we know you are wanting something from us, this feels more like you are taking than giving. On a day that’s been really tough with too much to do, if you start with this type of touch, you’re gonna be disappointed in the end result.
- Conversation. You talk to us, share your day and your feelings. I’m sorry, I know this isn’t the default for many guys
but when women talk to other women – it’s the sharing of feelings that make us feel connected. I’ll talk more about talking and feelings in another blog.
- By the way, if we have to drag the conversation out of you, you really lose point. Here’s what that sounds like: “Hi, how was your day?” “Fine” “What did you do today?” “Same ole, same ole” “Did you see your friends?” “Yeah“. Ok, this…this doesn’t make us feel connected. It feels like there’s a brick wall between us and our warm energy path of connection is being rejected.
- Laughter, especially when it’s around a shared experience or shared memory. It feels like we’re in an exclusive club because, again, that energy pathway is just between us.
- Being A Team. This makes us feel like we’re in “it” (life) together, working on shared goals, achieving them and having help and support getting there.
Subscribe to the RSS feed; next week’s topic: The Truth About Chocolate
After that we’ll get back to: What Women Want – Love
If you missed it, last week’s topic was: What Women Want – The List
Anything else you’d add to the list?